Ph.D. student atthe Department of Pathological Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacky University Olomouc (in collaboration with Laboratory of Cardiogenomics, Faculty Hospital Olomouc)
Research at the Laboratory of Department of Pathological physiology (Principal Investigator Prof. MUDr. Martin Petřek, CSc (PubMed,125 publications, H-index 25) is focused on:
- Genetic variability affecting susceptibility and course of inflammatory pulmonary diseases, led by Dr. Amit Kishore Ph.D., M.Sc. (PubMed).
- Genotyping and identification of genetic factors influencing susceptibility and the treatment success of (inflammatory) cardiovascular diseases, led by MUDr. Jana Petřková, Ph.D.(PubMed).
- Mechanisms of translational regulation (miRNA,RNA-binding proteins, mRNA decay) and transcriptome profiling (in the lung), led by Mgr. Zdenka Navrátilová, Ph.D. (PubMed).
Methods you will experience: isolation and cultivation of primary T cells, isolation (miRNA, total RNA, DNA), PCR (real-time RT, single-base extenstion…), Affymetrix microarrays (miRNA and Human Genome arrays), massARRAY iPLEX assay based in MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, statistical andbioinformatics analyses…
We are an international laboratory
- Commonly visited by leading researchers in the field
- Hosting internship / students / research fellowes
- Encouraging our doctoral students to do internships in European/U.S. laboratories.
- NADAČNÍ FOND UP – our Ph.D. student Eva spent 1 semester at Stockholm Karolinska Institute here
Doctoral student positions are available on this topics:
- Molecular basis of sarcoidosis
- miRNAs and inflammatory diseases
- Detection and the role of exosomes in inflammatory pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases
- Personalized medicine – pathophysiological aspects
- The role of genetic factors in development and progression of cardiovascular diseases
- Stability of mRNA in primary cells and the effect of ageing
- The effect of smoking on expression of translation regulating factors
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact directly the Department Head, Professor Martin Petrek, telephone: 588 442 285, email@example.com, respectively other group leaders. General info can be found at: https://www.studuj.upol.cz/proc-studovat-na-up/ , https://pfyziol.upol.cz/vedeckovyzkumna-cinnost/ , www.dr-petrek.eu.
Graduate (MSc.) studies in Molecular or Cell biology, Experimental Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Veterine Medicine or other relevant biomedical programs.
Based on interest and knowledge in the topic, motivation & also practical and laboratory skills.
You are welcome to apply – we look forward to see you or your visit before applying!